Saturday, August 17, 2013

So Much it Hurts By Monique Polak

So Much it Hurts

By: Monique Polak


Stars- ☆☆☆☆
Rating- MT-M


So Much it Hurts is a book about an aspiring actress named Iris Wagner. Her father left under mysterious circumstances when she was young and she lives with her mother in Montreal, Canada. She feels her life was boring until she meets a director who visits her acting class. This book really inspired a lot of reaction in me. Mostly I was angry and upset that Iris was so naive, though I won't say why (spoilers). At one point I threw the book down on my bed in frustration. I suppose thats a good thing, that writing is supposed to make you react but honestly the character Iris really frustrated me. On the other hand I felt like I could relate to her which made the book really conflicting and confusing for me. The book has sexual content, bad language, and some mention of drugs, which is why it is rated Mature Teen to Mature. I look forward to when the book comes out in September.

No comments:

Post a Comment