Thursday, June 26, 2014

We Were Liars by E. Lockhart

We Were Liars

By- E. Lockhart

Stars-☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
Rating- T- MT

We were liars is a heartbreaking novel set from a first person narrative of Cadence Sinclair, a wealthy heiress to her grandfather's vast empire. The story circles around Beechwood, a private Island where the Sinclair family vacations every summer. The story uses artful flashbacks and memories to set the "Liars" of the title: Cadence's cousins, Miren and Jonny, and Gat Patil, the son of Cadence's aunt Carrie's longtime boyfriend. This book left me heartbroken, but it's tragedy was paired equally with artful beauty. It grabbed me by the shoulders and shook me until the point where it was a constant though, humming in the back of my head. I could not stop thinking about its mystery, and it's quiet catastrophe. This book was shocking and heartbreaking, but it also feels almost sadly accepting, and in the end, peaceful. We were Liars is a work of art.
I rated this book T-MT for mentions of intercourse.

No comments:

Post a Comment